Sheriff Deweese Details Monthly Crime
What is happening with crime in Putnam County? You want to know. We want you to know.
PutnamCountyNews.com is inviting Putnam County police chiefs and Sheriff Stephen L. “Steve” Deweese to provide us with his department’s figures each month.
The following numbers are released by Deweese for July of 2017:
- The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, during the month of July, responded to 1,327 calls for assistance.
- Made 42 felony arrests.
- Made 75 misdemeanor arrests.
- The Road Patrol also investigated 68 auto crashes, and issued 15 misdemeanor citations.
- Furthermore, the Road Patrol arrested 9 DUI’s and completed 192 written complaints.
- There were 38 warrants and 32 Domestic Violence Petitions served.
- Home Confinement averaged 31 inmates with 226 home verifications and Western Regional Jail averaged 96 inmates per day.
- The Process division served 419 civil papers.
- The Tax Office accepted 46 concealed carry permits and issued 55 permits.
- There were 875 DMV decals issued.