Sheriff Deweese Details Monthly Crime Reports
What is happening with crime in Putnam County? You want to know. We want you to know. PutnamCountyNews.com is inviting Putnam County police chiefs and Sheriff Stephen L. “Steve” Deweese to provide us with his department’s figures each month.
The following numbers are released by Deweese for August of 2017:
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department during the month of August responded to 1,309 calls for assistance, a drop of more than 100 calls from 2016.
- Made 37 felony arrests
- Made 70 misdemeanor arrests
- The Road Patrol also investigated 59 auto crashes, and issued 15 misdemeanor citations
- Furthermore, the Road Patrol arrested 7 DUI’s and completed 179 written complaints
- There were 24 warrants and 17 Domestic Violence Petitions served
- Home Confinement averaged 32 inmates with 207 home verifications
- Western Regional Jail averaged 102 inmates per day
- Process division served 511 civil papers
- The Tax Office accepted 50 concealed carry permits and issued 31 permits
- There were 1,155 DMV decals issued