Also Responded To A Destruction Call
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department is reporting the recovery of a Stolen Auto and another Larceny complaint – but is not announcing any arrests.
Fortunately, it was a slow Monday for crime.
Following is the PCSD February 14th, 2017 post on the department’s Facebook page:
- Suspicious Vehicle, 4300 Block 1st Avenue, Nitro, suspect departed prior to Law Enforcement arrival.
- Larceny, 10 Block Jamestown Subdivision, Hurricane, no suspect listed at time of report, pending investigation.
- Recover of Stolen Auto, 20 Block Country Roads Mobile Home Park, Poca. Rightful owner contacted and vehicle towed to local salvage yard.
- Destruction of Property, 10 Block McJunkin Road, Nitro. Suspect listed at time of report, pending investigation.
- Larceny, 100 Block Shamrock Road, Fraziers Bottom. No suspect listed at time of report, pending investigation.
- One alarm call responded.
- Two Domestic calls in progress. Suspect listed at time of report, pending investigation.
- One Domestic Violence Petition served.
- Two motor vehicle crashes: I-64 West Bound-Teays Valley Entrance Ramp, Hedrick Road with injury.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone the Putnam County Sheriff Department’s Crime Unit at 304-586-9846 or the Drug Tip Line at 304-586-0263 or TEXT tips to 304-941-2300.
Publisher’s note: All defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
A criminal complaint is a legal document that is usually filled out by a law enforcement officer presenting evidence to a judge or magistrate. The judicial official determines if the officer has provided enough evidence to issue a complaint or a warrant for a suspect arrest.