Holiday Weekend Brings Putnam Crime
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department is reporting ten arrests – plus an Embezzlement complaint, more Larcenies and five Domestic Calls in Progress.
It was a Columbus Day weekend of crime for our law enforcement heroes.
Following is the PCSD Facebook post for Tuesday, October 10th, 2017.
Holiday weekend Activity:
- ARREST: Corporal W.O. Seanze, Jr., arrested Linda Dockery from 10 Monday Road, Liberty, for Shooting Across a Road or Near a Building, Brandishing a Dangerous Weapon, and False Reporting of an Emergency.
- ARREST: Deputy T.A. Edwards arrested Brandon Scott Arthur, from 24 Hapi Day Park, Winfield, for Domestic Battery.
- ARREST: Corporal G. S Scragg arrested Jesse Hayes, from 103 Ida Street, Buffalo, for violation of a DVP
- ARREST: Deputy Hudson arrested Brandon R. Wilcox, from 2252 Virginia Avenue, Culloden, for Possession of a Controlled Substance-Suboxone and Trespassing
- ARREST: Deputy Childers arrested Deborah R. Elkins, from 35 Country Roads, Poca, on a Capias- Child Support
- ARREST: Deputy Childers arrested Anthoni L. Poindexter, from 19 Spruce Street, Buffalo, for Domestic Battery
- ARREST: Deputy Hudson arrested Shane F. Harris, from 385 Glen Oaks Court, Hurricane, for Aggravated DUI and Failure to Maintain Control of a Vehicle.
- ARREST: Deputies McDaniel and Pauley arrested Christopher Henry, from Buffalo, for Wanton Endangerment, Destruction of Property, Brandishing, and Battery.
- ARREST: Corporal B.E. Donohoe arrested Ernie Hedrick, from St. Albans, for violation of a DVP.
- ARREST: Sergeant S.M, Shamblin arrested Adam Underwood, from Cross Lanes, for Aggravated DUI.
- FATAL ACCIDENT: On 10/07/17, at approximately, 22:41 hours Crystal G. Toler was struck and killed, by a vehicle, on Route 62 in the area of Bishop Mobile Home Park. The victim was walking in the traffic lane in a very dark area and the driver was not cited or charged for any violations regarding the accident.
- MISSING PERSON: Thomas Milam, a 72 year old white male with alzheimers, left his residence on Teays Lane, Hurricane, on 10/08/17, in a turquoise and pink 1996 Ford Ranger and has not been seen since. He was last wearing plaid pajama bottoms and a maroon t-shirt. A SILVER ALERT has been issued for Mr. Milam.
- Joyriding Complaint, Bowles Ridge Road Red House WV, one suspect, under investigation.
- Embezzlement, Sargent Square Apartments Poca WV, one suspect, under investigation.
- Larceny Complaint, Valley Brook Circle Nitro WV, suspect unknown, under investigation.
- Larceny Complaint, KO Car Wash Teays Valley, unknonw suspect, under investigation.
- Destruction of Property, Country Roads Trailer Park Poca WV, suspect unknown, under investigation.
- Battery, Buzzard Creek Road Hurricane WV, one suspect, warrants pending.
- Larceny Complaint, Rolling Meadows Scott Depot. Suspect unknown, under investigaton.
- Five 5 Domestic calls in progress.
- Fourteen Vehicle Crashes.
- Eighteen False Alarms.
- Twenty six Traffic Stops.
- One hundred eighty eight Minor Calls for Service.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone the Putnam County Sheriff Department’s Crime Unit at 304-586-9846 or the Drug Tip Line at 304-586-0263 or TEXT tips to 304-941-2300.
The National Domestic Violence hotline operates 24/7, 365 days a year: 800-799-SAFE (7233). Please click here to learn more about Domestic Abuse.
Publisher’s note: All defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
A criminal complaint is a legal document that is usually filled out by a law enforcement officer presenting evidence to a judge or magistrate. The judicial official determines if the officer has provided enough evidence to issue a complaint or a warrant for a suspect arrest.
Mug shot is provided courtesy of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department.