A Ten Year Agreement With Council
It is official: Suddenlink will continue to be The City of Nitro’s communications company.
During its Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 meeting, council members renewed a 10-year contract with Suddenlink.
Mayor David Casebolt brought the contract to council which has a clause to help improve service with the controversial company.
- The new agreement says Suddenlink must establish communication with a customer within four hours of a complaint.
- Franchise rates remain the same
- The City of Nitro will have access to a free channel to cablecast council meetings and town events.
In other business:
- Trick or treat will take place on Halloween from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- McClanahan Construction was approved to work on the stream bank stabilization project.
- Thrasher Engineering gained approval to provide a town beautification plan.
- Chilifest, 2017, will have beer sales.