Also Investigating Three Domestic Calls
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department is reporting two arrests. In addition, deputies responded to a another Larceny and three Domestic Calls in Progress.
It was a busy time for the heroic men and women that protect and serve us each day.
Following is the crime information posted, Friday, April 14th, 2017, on the PCSD Facebook page.
- ARREST: The Putnam County Narcotics Unit and the Special Enforcement Unit (SEU) arrested Joney S. Farley, of Hurricane, on 04/20/17 for MURDER relating to a Heroin Overdose Death of an individual on North Poplar Fork Road Teays Valley. WSAZ NewsChannel 3 files this report.
- ARREST: SEU arrested Joshua C. Sowards, from Hurricane, for Possession of Methamphetamine.
- Larceny Complaint, 5th Avenue, Hometown. One suspect, under investigation.
- Identity Theft, Hurricane Creek Road, Hurricane. One suspect, under investigation.
- One vehicle crash.
- Three Domestic Calls in progress.
- Nine unfounded false alarms.
- Eighteen traffic stops.
- Thirty-one Minor Calls for Service.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone the Putnam County Sheriff Department’s Crime Unit at 304-586-9846 or the Drug Tip Line at 304-586-0263 or TEXT tips to 304-941-2300.
Publisher’s Note: All defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
A criminal complaint is a legal document that is usually filled out by a law enforcement officer presenting evidence to a judge or magistrate. The judicial official determines if the officer has provided enough evidence to issue a complaint or a warrant for a suspect arrest.
Mug shot and video surveillance still is provided courtesy of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department.