Board Of Education Approves Contract
Buffalo Elementary students, teachers and parents were hoping for a new school.
Instead, the aging campus will be getting renovations, starting in the summer of 2017.
During its May 1st, 2017 meeting, the Putnam County Schools Board of Education approved the following upgrades:
- New windows throughout the structure
- A new ceiling next to the cafeteria
- A secured entry system
- Upgrades to the school’s front facade
- Cafeteria upgrades
- A new heating ventilating air conditioning (HVAC) system
- A new acoustical lay-in ceiling
- New lighting.
The board approved the low bid of $790,000 from Hurricane-based 1 Korin 3-10, Inc. The West Virginia School Building Authority is funding $336,468 of the cost.
The upgrades are scheduled to start after the spring, 2017 semester.